1. Famous character artiste, Anupam Kher’s wife, Kiron Kher had suggested the title, “Dilwale Dulhamiya Lejayenge” to Director, Aditya Chopra..
2. Aditya Chopra is a big fan of the legendary artiste Raj Kapoor, so he named the male protagonist of his film, Raj Malhotra.
3. After Shahrukh Khan had won the Best Actor award for his role in Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge movie, Aamir Khan had stopped attending the Filmfare Awards function because he thought he should have won that award for Rangeela.
4. Initially, Aamir Khan, Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan were all offered the role of Raj Malhotra in DDLJ, however, they all rejected the role.
5. Director Aditya Chopra wanted to cast Tom Cruise for the legendary role of ‘Raj Malhotra’ in ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge’ as he wanted it to be an Indo-American affair..
6. But Aditya Chopra had to re-work on his story as Yash Chopra didn’t want to make it with a foreign star.
7. Shah Rukh Khan’s friends in the film, Karan Johar and Arjun Sablok, both later went on to become successful directors.
8. Green queen: Simran’s all green mehndi attire became a huge hit, just like the song. Interestingly, even at her own wedding with Ajay Devgan, Kajol wore a green Maharashtrian sari.
9. Shahrukh’s famous leather jacket was bought by Uday Chopra from a Harley- Davidson store in Bakersfield, California, for $400.
10. It was Manish Malhotra’s idea to dress Kajol in a green outfit for Mehndi Laga Ke Rakhna… Aditya Chopra was against it since Punjabi brides traditionally wear red, maroon or pink.
Source : IMDB
To know more about the author please Click Here